Pricing & Fees
In most cases, our attorneys can provide most clients with a flat-fee engagement after an initial consultation call.
Initial Consultation With an Attorney
Our initial consultation fee for drafting an opinion letter is $250, which is applied as a credit when our attorneys are engaged to consult legal research and provide an opinion.
Legal Research and All Other Legal Work
All other legal work, legal research, including drafting, phone calls, emails, is $350 per hour and is billed in 6-minute increments.
The client is responsible for any costs or expenses in addition to the advertised fee. However, we will also obtain your approval before such costs or expenses are incurred. These expenses may include but are not limited to postage and courier fees, regulatory filing fees, and other various disbursements.
The American Bar Association publishes guidelines that range from $200 per hour to $1,000 per hour. However, most experienced attorneys in major metropolitan areas charge significantly more than the ABA guideline amount. That being said, at all times, our mission is to be fully transparent with our billing practices and provide flat-fee engagements for our legal research and opinion letters.
Attorneys’ fees and costs are not the same things. Attorney’s fees refer to the fee that we charge for our attorney’s time. At the same time, costs are expenses expended by a party in taking specific actions related to drafting an opinion letter. These allowable costs typically include filing fees, courier charges, court reporters, photocopying, travel expenses, parking expenses incurred at depositions or trial proceedings.
The most common attorneys’ fees are simple hourly rates charged by lawyers under contract with clients to work on specific cases. For example, Easler Law which operates OpinionLetters.com, charges $350 per hour for non-flat fee attorney opinions. For instance, if our attorneys spend two hours researching and drafting an opinion letter, our client will pay $700.00 (our average time for a straightforward opinion letter is about 2-hours, including legal research and drafting).
Rates can also vary depending on what type of opinion letter is needed. In most cases, our attorneys can provide most clients with a flat-fee engagement after an initial consultation call.
- Initial Consultation is $250, which is then applied as a credit when our attorneys are engaged to perform services.
- Legal research is $350 per hour and is billed in 6-minute increments.
- All other legal work, including drafting, phone calls, emails, is $350 per hour and is billed in 6-minute increments.
- If disbursements are made, we charge the actual cost. However, if a client has paid a retainer by credit card, we charge a 3% surcharge to cover credit card and merchant processing fees. (see below for more details)
- If a client has funded a retainer by credit card and we issue a refund, we charge a 3% fee. (see below for more details).
Why Do We Charge a 3% fee for disbursements or refunds funded only by credit cards?
Did you know that all merchants, including Easler Law, are charged a non-refundable processing fee to process credit card payments? For example, if you fund your retainer for $1,000, Easler Law is charged a non-refundable merchant processing fee to process that payment.
- If you funded your retainer with a credit card and we pay costs or other disbursements on your behalf, we charge a 3% fee to the total amount of the price. For example, if we pay $100, we will charge you a $3 fee.
- For refunds of unused retainer balances funded by credit card, we issue refunds to the card, less a 3% fee. For example, if you have a new retainer of $1000.00, we will refund $970.00.
At all times, our mission is to be fully transparent with our billing practices. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-888-949-9266.